Sunday, May 31, 2009

Long Time No See


It seems ages since I posted anything , thats because it is ages. In truth I'd forgotten Id even started this blog. But its holiday time again so I thought Id give it another go. Im off to the land of really bad television and even worse beer. Yes you are correct go to the top of the class its Australia again. Tasmania to be exact. And yes I do know its their winter in June, more of why Im going in June later. Actually the reasom Im going is perfectly summed up by the photo. The good looking bloke on the right is my best mate Mr Gerard Walsh. Gerard is a resident of Melbourne, Australia, I say Australia because some clever clogs is going to pop up with " What the one in Derbyshire ?" So anyway for my 50th birthday last year I decided to go and see a mate who lives in Honolulu, as you do ? Hawaii 5 "O" Okay it was funny at the time. Anyhow Walshy says he'll come over from Oz and we'll have a thrash. Great time was had by all. But you know when you make statements when you've had a few drinkies! Well I did just that. It was the old I really love you man sort of speech. And it continued on in the same drunken vein for some time until I got to the bit about I'll go anywhere for your 50th blah blah drunken blah blah. In my defence the previous few months had all been about castles in Scotland or gites in France and Austrian Mountain Villas. So I felt pretty safe it was a European budget airline hop somewhere and a hire car. However in the meantime Mr & Mrs Walsh splashed out a huge amount of cash on property so foreign holidays got kyboshed for the foreseeable future. So then the search was on for a suitable venue for the boys birthday bash. Walshy being the outdoor type has raved about this place in Tasmania for years so it seemed only logical that that would be where it is. And so we are all off to Cradle Mountain Lodge. But its not all wilderness, mountain walks and white water rafting. After the mountain exertions we are de-camping to Cairns up a the Barrier Reef for a weeks sun sea and sightseeing. So thats it Im off to Melbourne, have a few days to get over the jet lag and set off up a mountain. I'll post more if I remember. Keep safe . Bye for now

No comments: