Sunday, June 14, 2009
Tasmania Update
Here in the mountains , they havent gotten round to spoiling the landscape with mobile phone masts. Hence no signal so no texts or calls. That aside Tasmania is a beautiful island. We are up on Cradle Mountain right now and yesterday was Geds 50th birthday,so we went for a near experience as we attempted to scale the summit. No joking , this was the stupidest thing I have ever done, and the highlight of the day was when James said he was turning back. But by this time I was already way way out of my depth and had no idea how I was getting down. Under prepared under equipped and hopelessly under experienced in the type of climbing we were doing, I have never been so glad to see the base of a mountain. Then we had a four hour trek to get back the car. And by trek I really do mean trek. Not walk not amble it was a mountain trek. Anyhow we are back at base camp safe and sound if not more than a little chastened. I'll put more on about Tasmania later in the week. Great restaurants great wine, really great wine , no really really really great wine !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment